How to clean electrostatic air filters
Cleaning is quick & easy
When cleaned as directed, your electrostatic air filter will give you many years of trouble-free use. Failure to properly clean the filter may lessen filter effectiveness, and as with any air filter, it is possible for an excessive dirt buildup to cause air flow resistance sufficient to damage other ventilation
components. Depending on your specific situation the filter should be cleaned every 4-6 weeks.
1. Simply remove the air filter.
2. Flush with water in opposite direction of air flow arrows then rinse other side.
3. Spray with ZAP! CLEANER to remove stubborn stains.
4. Rinse thoroughly to remove remaining dirt.
5. Drain excess water, let air dry, and reinstall.